We are seeking to hire a research assistant for work on language in aging, with a focus on morphology. The key responsibility will be to conduct behavioral experiments on participants across the adult lifespan, including recruitment, testing, data preprocessing, and statistical analyses.
The applicant should hold (at most) a Masters degree. However, individuals with a Bachelors degree, if combined with relevant experience conducting behavioral experiments, are also welcome to apply.
The position, which is pending final funding, is at the University of Potsdam in Germany, at the Potsdam Research Institute for Multilingualism (PRIM). This is a full-time position (40 h/week) and will be paid according to the German salary scale 12 TV-L (Tarifgebiet Ost).
Starting date: 1 November 2019 (for one year, with the possibility of contract renewal for another two years)
– Bachelors degree in Psychology, Linguistics, Cognitive Science, or a related field
– experience conducting psychological/psycholinguistic experiments
– flexibility to work outside regular office hours, to accommodate participants’ schedules
– a creative mind, with the ability to work highly independently and to think quickly on one’s feet
– basic experience with stimulus presentation software (e.g., E-Prime, DMDX, Presentation)
– basic level of experience with statistical software packages (e.g., R)
– fluent command of (spoken) German (participants will be German native speakers)
– good command of English
Desired (non-essential) qualities/qualifications:
– Masters degree in a related field
– experience with less-commonly-studied populations (including older people)
– experience with E-Prime
– advanced experience with statistical analyses of behavioral data
The University of Potsdam is an equal opportunities employer. The goal is to enhance the percentage of women in areas where they are underrepresented. Women, therefore, are particularly encouraged to apply. Handicapped applicants will be given preference in case of equal suitability.
Please send any informal inquiries, as well as your application (cover letter, CV, and if possible the names of two potential references), to Dr. Jana Reifegerste: email@example.com. Even if you feel that you might not fully qualify, please do not hesitate to contact us. We would be happy to hire an enthusiastic hard worker whom we could train further.
Applications submitted prior to 15 June 2019 will receive full consideration.