The Labs of Cognitive Neuroscience at Boston Children’s Hospital are seeking a full-time Research Data Manager to work on four dynamic research projects: The Bucharest Early Intervention Project, Early Institutionalization Intervention Impact Project, the Bangladesh Early Adversity Neuroimaging Project, and the Emotion Project. From an 18-year-old, high-impact research study to a newly-conceptualized project, this position involves overseeing data from multiple types of assessments (e.g., questionnaires, behavioral observations, electrophysiology, MRI, genetic and other biological data) from collection to publication across a variety of research questions. Three of the projects, each conducted overseas, investigate the effects of early adversity and one, conducted in lab, examines the development of emotion processing and anxiety.
Responsibilities include the creation, transfer, organization, and maintenance of data files. The data manager will be responsible for ensuring the reliability and scoring of data, updating databases as new data becomes available, sharing the data with respective funding organizations, conducting preliminary analyses, and creating individualized data sets for analyses by collaborators and project staff. The data manager will interface with the project managers and staff, external collaborators, and the Principal Investigators on a routine basis and will lead initiatives to develop more efficient methods and systems for data organization, improve the use and management of data, and ensure data accuracy and quality.
The position is for a minimum of two years with a June start date.
- Master’s degree in psychology, statistics or health-sciences related field or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent work experience
- Excellent computer skills including expertise in Microsoft Office software (i.e., Excel) and SPSS, and familiarity with SAS and STATA
- Experience in formatting and exporting data for statistical analyses
- Ability to build data structures and systems for a new longitudinal project
- Commitment to the accuracy and completeness of data
- Familiarity with best practices for data security
- High level of motivation, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, effective communication skills, and ability to work independently
Preferred experience includes:
- Knowledge of developmental science and neuroscience
- Experience with longitudinal datasets
- Experience using REDCap databases
Please send resume and cover letter to Katie Larin at: email@example.com.
Laboratories of Cognitive Neuroscience
Boston Children’s Hospital
1 Autumn Street, Boston, MA 02215
Office: (617) 355-0400
Fax: (617) 730-0518