The Labs of Cognitive Neuroscience at Boston Children’s Hospital are committed to improving the lives of children throughout the world. One line of research currently being conducted is concerned with the developmental sequelae of exposure to early adverse life experiences in low resource countries.
The Clinical Research Specialist (CRS) will be responsible for implementing and administering the day-to-day operations and functions of a large, multi-site project conducted in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The CRS will work closely with research staff in the US and Bangladesh on oversight of experiments, coordination between sites, maintenance of data quality, and planning of study activities. The CRS will also prepare progress and financial reports required by the funding agency, coordinate regular project meetings, data transfer and sharing amongst research sites, and handle all IRB coordination and management. This position may require 2-3 trips to Bangladesh per year with an expected duration of 1-2 weeks per trip. It will also require staying in close communication with the Bangladesh-based staff via skype and conference calls. In addition, the CRS will be responsible for personnel management of Boston based project staff and students.
Eligible candidates have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or health related field and at least three years of research experience or coordination, OR a Master’s degree or advanced graduate degree in a scientific field and one year of clinical research related to public health, global health, psychology, or neuroscience
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to assist the research team with reports to funding agency, publications, presentations, and applications to internal and external Institutional Review Boards
- Possess strong computer skills including working knowledge of a PC and Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Self-directed and motivated to work independently
- Possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Possess keen attention to detail and time management skills
- Preferred qualifications include basic statistics knowledge, Bengali language skills (not essential but desired), and an interest in brain development and early adversity
Please send resume and cover letter to Katie Larin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Laboratories of Cognitive Neuroscience
Boston Children’s Hospital
1 Autumn Street, Boston, MA 02215
Office: (617) 355-0400
Fax: (617) 730-0518