The Lab for the Developing Mind (PI: Moira Dillon) in the Department of Psychology at NYU is seeking a full-time Junior Laboratory Associate with a start date around June 15, 2019 (application link: https://apply.interfolio.com/62121). Areas of investigation in the lab include mathematical cognition, spatial cognition, early emerging knowledge domains, symbolic and abstract thought and reasoning, and pictorial and mental imagery. The lab uses a variety of methods (e.g., behavioral, computational, eye-tracking) and tests participants ranging from infants through adults.
Responsibilities for the position include experimental design and stimuli development (for experiments with infants, children, and adults in the lab, in museums, and/or online), data analysis, database organization, participant recruitment, management and analysis of data, and lab administration (including technical administration and organization).
– A Bachelor’s degree in Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Psychology, Neuroscience, or a related field
– Strong computational, statistical, and technical skills, including working knowledge of Python or R, proven through coursework or lab-based research
– Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
– Flexible working hours
Additional highly desired qualifications include:
– Experience with scientific outreach
– Experience interacting with infants, children, and families in educational or research settings.
Interested applicants must apply through the Interfolio link (https://apply.interfolio.com/62121). Please submit a cover letter, a CV, a 250-500-word description of statistical and programming training and experience, and contact information for two references.
Moira R. Dillon, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychology
New York University
6 Washington Place
New York, NY 10003