Full-Time Research Coordinator in Cognitive Neuroscience
The Preston Memory Lab, Center for Learning and Memory & Department of Psychology
The University of Texas at Austin
The Preston Lab is recruiting a full-time research coordinator with a start date in summer 2019. The lab uses behavioral and brain imaging techniques to explore how children and adults form new memories, remember past events, and how their memory for the past influences what they learn in the present. We are particularly interested in how the ability to effectively remember and reason about experience develops from the time we are children, and how this development relates to brain maturation. You will play a major role in experiment development and implementation and receive training in advanced neuroimaging methods. The primary responsibilities will be the management of behavioral and neuroimaging studies of memory in children aged 5-17 years, and adults.
Daily responsibilities include:
– Recruitment and scheduling of child, adolescent, and adult participants
– Behavioral and brain imaging data collection
– Data processing and statistical analyses
– Training of undergraduate students
– General administration of lab finances and IRB protocols
– BA/BS in Psychology, Neuroscience, Computer Science or a related field.
– Previous research experience, preferably with behavioral and/or fMRI techniques.
– Well-developed organizational and interpersonal skills to work with families at the Children’s Research Center at UT Austin.
– Ability to work independently, but also working collaboratively with PhD students and postdoctoral researchers.
– Flexibility in evening and weekend availability for data collection and outreach events.
– At least 1-year experience working in a research lab with children and/or adolescents.
– Programming skills (e.g., MATLAB, Python) or the ability/willingness to acquire these skills.
For more information about the lab please click here: http://clm.utexas.edu/preston/
To apply, email a CV/resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to Dr. Alison Preston at email@example.com.
Application deadline is April 7th, 2019
Hannah Roome, Ph.D
Preston Lab, University of Texas, Austin