Lab Manager Position, University of Maryland
The Social and Moral Development Laboratory at the University of Maryland, directed by Professor Melanie Killen, is recruiting a lab manager for research funded by a National Science Foundation grant. The lab manager will be responsible for overseeing research projects on topics related to morality, the development of fairness and equality concepts, prejudice and bias in childhood, intergroup friendships, mental state knowledge in the context of morality and intergroup relationships, and peer-based social inclusion and exclusion.
Data recruitment (contacting school administrators for participation agreements, obtaining consent forms, and managing compensations for school participants), data collection (administering protocols to children and adolescents), coordination of communication with the lab team, instrument development, submission of IRB protocol forms, management of the lab and the lab website, scheduling of lab meetings, and general execution of research projects. The lab manager will work closely with the P.I., graduate students, and undergraduate research assistants.
This position is a great opportunity for recent college graduates who would like full-time research experience prior to enrolling in a graduate program in developmental psychology, developmental science or related fields. Collaborative research opportunities with the P.I. and the research team are part of this position.
- B.A. or B.S. in psychology, human development, or a related field
- Background in child development, developmental psychology, or related fields
- Interest in an organizational position with responsibilities
- Experience working with schools and/or teachers
- Desire to learn about the topics studied by the lab group
- Familiarity with research software and statistics (e.g., SPSS, Excel, Power Point, Qualtrics)
If interested, please submit the following to email@example.com
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter detailing interest in the position and previous research experience
- Unofficial academic transcripts
- Two professional reference letters submitted directly to the email listed above
The review of applications will begin immediately and be considered on a rolling basis with a deadline of April 15, 2019.
Start date is July 1, 2019 or sooner.