We are looking for a full-time lab manager to coordinate and conduct research on cooperation in young children at the Social Minds Lab of the University of Michigan (Prof. Felix Warneken). The position entails subject recruitment and scheduling, testing in the lab and at schools, using advanced video coding technology, and active participation in research.
The position also requires supervising undergraduate research assistants and working closely with a postdoctoral researcher, as well as overseeing an international collaboration as part of an NSF funded grant.
The intended start date is Spring/Summer of this year.
• Active research – Preparing and running child studies; video coding
• Administrative tasks – Purchases; IRB protocols; grant reports
• Recruitment and supervision of student research assistants
• Building and maintaining infrastructure – recruitment of families; maintaining a child database; communications with other labs
• Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or a related field
• At least 1 year of research experience
• Ability to use or learn essential software for research, including Microsoft Office, behavioral coding software, data management software.
• Experience working with parents and children.
• Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled
• Two year term-limited position with a possibility of extension
• Questions about this position can be directed to email@example.com