Summer Internship: Temple University Infant & Child Lab
The Temple Infant & Child Lab is offering summer internships to bright, energetic students who are eager to peer into the world of child development. The lab conducts both theoretical and applied research on language acquisition, spatial learning, memory development, and playful learning in children aged 2 years to 8 years.
Summer interns will receive hands-on experience in every step of the research process. Each intern will work on one or two research projects and will be paired with a graduate student or post-doctoral fellow mentor who will serve as a resource for questions about their areas of research and graduate school. Summer interns will receive a stipend of $1000. The internship will take place over 8 weeks during the summer of 2019.
Duties may include:
- Recruiting and scheduling lab participants
- Assisting with stimuli design and creation
- Conducting studies with children in the lab or in local preschools
- Coding and analyzing data
- Discussing relevant journal articles in lab meetings
- Major in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Linguistics, or related field
- Commitment to at least 20 hours per week for 8 weeks
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with MS Office
- Experience working with children
If interested, please send a resume/CV and cover letter to Jelani Medford, Lab Coordinator, at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until Friday, March 1st, 2019. Please visit our website (http://www.templeinfantlab.com/) for more information about the lab.