Cognitive Aging and Memory Lab
Job Title: Paid Research Assistant
The Lab: Professor Ayanna K. Thomas, Tufts University, seeks a part-time research assistant. Drawing on psychology, computer science, and education, our lab uses interdisciplinary methods to examine how students learn complex material. We especially seek to understand how virtual and augmented reality can influence learning.
Across all areas our work aims to expand the evidentiary bases for designing educational policy that maximize long term retention and understanding of STEM-related topics.
We are broadly interested in the underlying processes that influence complex learning, and will be testing hypotheses that schematic understanding is necessary for such learning.
Position Description: The research assistant will be responsible for coordinating a behavioral study on complex learning. Among other tasks, research assistants may assist with data entry, literature review, conducting experiments with human participants, and organizing/creating resources for those experiments.
The position will begin June 15, 2018 and will continue through May 31, 2019. 12 – 15 hours/week. Review of applications will take place on a rolling basis. The position may pay $15 -$18 an hour depending on experience.
• Availability for 4-hour blocks at least 3 days a week Monday – Friday (8am to 6pm)
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Fluent speaker and reading of English
• Some experience with Psychological or other relevant research
• Ability to organize data in excel
• Prior experience running studies with human participants a plus
• Prior experience with programming, especially object-oriented programming, or direct experience with the platform Unity, is a plus
Prepare one PDF document containing all of these (a) a resume; (b) an unofficial college transcript; and (c) a cover letter addressed to Dr. Ayanna K. Thomas. Send the PDG documents to Mr. Greg Hughes at Gregory.firstname.lastname@example.org