Lab Manager Position
The Culture Lab at the University of Maryland is seeking a full-time lab manager to assist Dr. Michele J. Gelfand (http://www.gelfand.umd.edu/) coordinate and conduct studies. The lab focuses on cross-cultural research on the strength of norms, conflict, negotiation, revenge, and forgiveness using experimental, field, neuroscience, and computational methods, with a focus on the U.S., Middle East, Europe, and Asia.
- Coordinate and manage research assistants and lab schedule
- Recruit and schedule community samples and participants from the department pool
- Assist in administrative duties (e.g., human subjects protocols, purchasing, participants and vendor payments, payments to overseas research teams, composing research reports for funding agencies)
- Update and maintain lab website and manual
- Contribute ideas to research projects and designs
- Design and run studies
- Coordinate data entry and analyze data
- Assist in manuscript preparation and literature reviews
- Attend lab meetings
- Coordinate meetings for members of the lab and visiting scholars
- Bachelor degree in psychology or related fields
- Experience in running experiments with human participants
- Interest in qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of using Microsoft office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent analytical and writing ability
- Good interpersonal skills
- Interest in cross-cultural psychology, negotiation, conflict, and related areas and in going to graduate school for a PhD
- Proficient in other languages (e.g. Arabic, Urdu, Chinese, Japanese)
- An interest and/or knowledge of other (particularly Middle East) cultures
- Experience with SPSS, R, Qualtrics, EEG, LIWC, qualitative coding, and/or other research software or coding
- Experience with HTML and CSS, and with website design
The position will begin in the month of July 2018. The position is advertised as one year. However, the position could be extended for two years, and renewal would be contingent on performance. To apply, please send a resume, one-page cover letter, and names and contact information of two references via email to Michele Gelfand at email@example.com. You may also send emails to this address with any questions about the position.
Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis. For best consideration, please contact before March 15, 2018.
UMD, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. UMD is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, political affiliation, physical or mental disability, religion, protected veteran status, genetic information, personal appearance, or any other legally protected status in all aspects of employment. UMD is actively engaged in recruiting, hiring, and promoting underrepresented communities; minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
College Park MD, 20742