Research Assistant Position
START DATE: April 2018 – Summer 2018.
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW: We are seeking a full time Research Assistant to assist with all aspects of our cognitive neuroscience and psycholinguistic research. Our lab is interested in where and when the brain is activated during language processing in healthy individuals and in patients with schizophrenia. For more information about what we do, see: http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/kuperberglab/. The responsibilities of this position are varied and involve the coordination of all aspects of research projects, including collecting and analyzing neuroimaging (fMRI, MEG, ERP) data, statistical analysis, scientific manuscript writing, and maintaining the day-to-day operations of the lab.
In addition to the intellectual reward, the position would give the holder experience of research in experimental psychology, cognitive neuroscience, psycholinguistics, clinical applications, as well as database and program management. This is an ideal research opportunity for someone bound for graduate school in cognitive neuroscience, psycholinguistics or cognitive psychology. Our lab has sites at both Tufts University (Medford, MA) and the Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging (Charlestown, MA), both of which are easily accessible from Boston, MA.
(1) B.A., B.Sc. degree in Experimental Psychology, Linguistics, computer science, or a closely related field.
(2) Strong interest in how language is processed in the brain.
(3) Very strong quantitative and analytic skills and comfort with programs such as Excel and Powerpoint.
(4) Some research experience with statistics and familiarity with statistical analysis software such as SPSS or R.
(5) Very strong organizational skills: Must be self-motivated, resourceful, very organized; able to multi-task and prioritize.
(6) Strong computational skills and some programming experience (e.g. Python, R, MATLAB) and familiarity with Linux/Unix environments and bash/shell scripting.
(7) Ability to work well in teams, with strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
(8) A two-year time commitment is requested.
Previous experience on ERP data collection and analysis
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Tufts University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Full-time employees receive full benefits.
Please complete our online application, link: https://tufts.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_aVGFWPmGGPnsovj
Please direct any technical questions regarding the application to Lena Warnke at firstname.lastname@example.org
All other questions regarding the application should be sent to Dr. Gina Kuperberg at GKuperberg@mgh.harvard.edu
Lab website: http://kuperberglab.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/